At 247 Interns, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection, the data controller is 247 Interns of 34, Yakubu Street, Ikosi,Ketu, Lagos.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or uploading material on our site www.247interns.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by 247 Interns, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you email or otherwise contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Vestibulum vulputate purus in posuere imperdiet.
- Mauris varius erat sed sagittis placerat.
- Cras bibendum libero sagittis suscipit imperdiet.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and can only be accessed via a coded user ID and password system. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- For market research purposes
- To assist with business development
- To facilitate agreements with our advertisers
- For monitoring and auditing site usage
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Lagos). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Access to your information
We do not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of your personal information to any third parties unrelated to internship placement services or recruitment. Our Employer users will have access to your details as prospective internship providers. Depending on our service, Employers will have access to your details and may contact you by phone, post or e-mail directly OR ask us to contact you. By opting in to our services, you have indicated that you consent to this use of your information. Finally, no information is shared between registered internship candidates. We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified): We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 247 Interns or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 247 Interns, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
You can amend the user data you have provided to us. You may request to be removed from our database via your account homepage and we will treat such a request as your notice of termination of use of the site (and of any Employer Services subscribed to you by you).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of ₦3000 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Opting out of services
We allow users to opt-out of our services at any time. You can manage settings via your user account page.
Telephone: +234 (0) 805 544 4153